This high power AC and DC test system covers a wide spectrum of AC and DC power applications at an affordable cost. Using state-of-the-art PWM switching techniques, the California Instruments MX series combines compactness, robustness and functionality in a compact floor-standing chassis, no larger than a typical office copying machine. This higher power density has been accomplished without the need to resort to elaborate cooling schemes or additional installation wiring. Simply roll the MX15, MX22.5, MX30, or MX45 unit to its designated location (using included casters), plug it in, and the MX series is ready to work for you.
The MX Series can be operated completely from its menu driven front panel controller. A backlit LCD display shows menus, setup data, and read-back measurements. IEEE-488, RS232C, USB and LAN remote control interfaces and instrument drivers for popular ATE programming environments are available. This allows the MX Series to be easily integrated into an automated test system.
For advanced test applications, the programmable controller version offers full arbitrary waveform generation, time and frequency domain measurements, and voltage and current waveform capture.
The MX15 delivers up to 15 kVA of single phase output. The MX22.5, MX30 and MX45 deliver up to 22.5 kVA, 30 kVA and 45 kVA, respectively. These operate using single or three phase output in AC or AC+DC mode. In DC mode, 50% of the AC power level is available.. On MX-P models, AC+DC mode is also supported.
For higher power requirements, the MX90 and MX135 models are available. Multi cabinet MX45 systems always operate in three phase output mode. Available reconfigurable MX90 and MX135 models (-MB designation) provide
multiple controllers which allow separation of the high power system into two or three individual MX45 units for use in separate applications. This ability to reconfigure the system provides an even greater level of flexibility not commonly found in power systems.
Product Evaluation and Test
Increasingly, manufacturers of high power equipment and appliances are required to fully evaluate and test their products over a wide range of input line conditions. The built-in output transient generation and read-back measurement capability of the MX Series offers the convenience of a powerful, and easy to use, integrated test
Features And Benefits
- High Power AC and DC Power Source
- Programmable AC and DC power for frequency conversion and product test applications
- Expandable Power Levels
- Available output power of 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 kVA per unit and multi-unit configurations for power requirements up to 135 kVA and above
- Single and Three Phase Mode
- Phase mode programming on MX22.5-3Pi, MX30-3Pi and MX45-3Pi allows switching between single and three phase output modes
- Arbitrary & Harmonic Waveform Generation
- User defined voltage waveform and distortion programming
- Regenerative, bidirectional “Green” Power Solution
- Automatic crossover between Source and Sink power mode offers regenerative capabilities in AC mode. Regenerate up to 100% of the rated output power back to the utility grid during sink mode operation. ( -SNK option )
- Remote Control
- Standard RS232C & USB along with optional IEEE- 488 & LAN Interfaces are available for automated test applications