Automotive And Transportation
Green transportation is gaining traction. Fortune Business Insights estimates that the electric-vehicle market is growing at a CAGR of 24.3% and will reach $1,318 billion in 2028. This growth stems in part from governments’ push for reduced emissions along with the accompanying subsidies and mandates. But electric vehicles’ success largely results from the tremendous progress that vehicle makers and their suppliers have made in areas ranging from battery technology to power semiconductors for DC/DC converters, traction inverters, vehicle onboard chargers, and level 3 fast chargers. And as hydrogen infrastructure continues to roll out, hydrogen fuel cells will play a role, too. Market Research Future predicts that the hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle market is growing at a CAGR of 68.52% and will reach $46.89 billion by 2028.
AMETEK Programmable Power is well positioned to serve the emerging electric-vehicle segment while continuing to provide automotive electromechanical-component and ECU test solutions plus hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation solutions for conventional internal-combustion-engine vehicles. The company offers a full lineup of programmable power supplies and electronic loads, with some examples listed here:
- The Asterion DC and Asterion DC ASA programmable DC power supplies support automotive component and battery testing.
- The HPX Series programmable DC supplies address HIL simulation and test.
- The SGX Series DC programmable supplies support automotive electronics test and can simulate varying battery conditions to enable margin testing of ECUs and electromechanical components.
- The Asterion AC high-performance programmable AC and DC power source enables transient-response tests on automotive electrical systems.
- The DLM Series programmable DC power supply and PLA/PLW Series electronic loads can simulate the fast transients that an automotive ECU must tolerate during normal operation.
Specifically for battery-electric, hybrid-electric, and fuel-cell-powered vehicles, AMETEK Programmable Power offers programmable AC and DC power supplies and loads that can serve a variety of applications, from battery and fuel-cell simulation to traction-inverter test. Some specific examples include the air-cooled PLA Series and water-cooled PLW Series high-power-density programmable electronic loads, which can test fuel cells for both mobile and fixed applications.
AMETEK Programmable Power is poised to extend its more than 60 years of success serving the automotive and transportation industry into the future, where electric vehicles will win an increasing market share. AMETEK Programmable Power’s modular, scalable, programmable power supplies and loads provide the investment protection and flexibility necessary to keep pace with the rapidly evolving electric-vehicle market while enabling test of devices and subsystems ranging from electromagnetic components to battery packs and fuel-cell stacks.
For related information, visit the Automotive and Transportation industry page of VTI Instruments, an AMETEK Programmable Power brand.