SAN DIEGO, CA (December 6, 2022) – AMETEK Programmable Power is pleased to unveil the new California Instruments Sequoia and Tahoe Series of precision programmable AC and DC sources. The Sequoia Series is a full four-quadrant regenerative grid simulator with an optional regenerative electronic load mode, and the Tahoe Series is a two-quadrant AC and DC source. Both Series are named after beautiful natural wonders in the state of California, honoring the great California Instruments brand and paying homage to the state where these products are proudly manufactured.
The Sequoia and Tahoe Series combine intelligence and flexibility with high power to create an advanced platform of AC solutions. Using a state-of-the-art SiC power switching architecture, they incorporate compactness, robustness, and functionality in a floor-standing chassis. The Sequoia Series is designed to refresh the MX and RS Series, while the Tahoe Series will refresh the BPS Series. Their launch provides an opportunity for both new and existing customers to upgrade from the MX, RS, and BPS Series.
The Sequoia and Tahoe Series are easy-to-configure power sources which cover a wide spectrum of single and multi-phase AC or single channel and multi-channel DC power applications at an affordable cost. Such applications include power conditioning equipment testing, grid interactive green energy and distributed power generation, avionics and shipboard electronics testing, regulatory compliance testing, electric vehicle testing, manufacturing line testing, and more. With the add-on electronic load option, the Sequoia Series can support additional advanced renewable energy simulation and test requirements.
Sequoia Series Highlights:
- Dual Voltage ranges that support over voltage testing on 480V based systems
- Instrument Setups for quickly re-establishing the known instrument state
- 500uS time resolution for Transients
- Non-Linear current waveform programming during Load mode
- Phase coordination among multiple units (LKM/LKS)
- Powerful set of analog controls for PHIL and Modulation tests
- Trigger In & Out to permit extensive coordination with external systems
- Extensive Onboard diagnostics
- Digital I/O, including RS232, USB, Ethernet (GPIB optional)
- Auto-paralleling for maximum flexibility with multi-chassis configurations
Tahoe Series Highlights:
- High Power AC and DC Power Source
- Auto paralleling for higher power system expansion
- Arbitrary & Harmonic Waveform Generation
- Standard LXI LAN, USB, and RS-232, Optional GPIB
- 500uS time resolution for Transients
- Internationally accepted test routines for EMI/EMC, Safety compliance
For further information about the Sequoia and Tahoe Series and more, visit ProgrammablePower.com.
Located in San Diego, CA, AMETEK Programmable Power designs, manufactures, and markets precision AC and DC programmable power supplies, electronic loads, application specific power subsystems, and compliance test solutions for customers requiring & valuing differentiated power products and services.
AMETEK Programmable Power boasts one of the industries' broadest portfolios of programmable power products under the well-known and respected Sorensen, Elgar, and California Instruments brands. AMETEK Programmable Power’s products serve a wide range of stimulus (T&M) and process power needs in applications including semiconductor fabrication, commercial and defense ATE, oil exploration, solar array and battery string simulation, avionics, general R&D and EMC compliance testing.
VTI Instruments provides products and systems which are used to monitor and record data that characterizes the physical integrity and performance of aircraft, engines, and other large structures, as well as automate the functional testing of complex electronic systems. VTI Instruments is recognized as an industry leader with a reputation of providing reliable data, first time, every time.