Sorensen ASD Series Overview
The ASD power supply series with DaVinci Power™ technology represents the next generation of precision programmable AC-DC power conversion.
The ASD series with its 3U, 30kW water-cooled packaging provides the highest power density available. The ASD power supply is designed for industry leading load transient response with outstanding output ripple and noise. The water-cooling packaging allows for use in environments that normally exclude air-cooled power supplies.
The ASD power supply series advanced digital architecture, with realtime digital control and Graphical User Interface (GUI), enables many features to better control and monitor your process or application. The optional advanced features package includes a built-in oscilloscope function for measurement and display of: power, voltage, current, output impedance, output cable impedance and output cable voltage drop. The ASD series allows you to program different "fault levels", enabling detection of output cabling, connections or load problems before they cause critical system problems. The ASD can replace your PLC device by closing the loop on an external parameter such as temperature. The ASD's Advanced Diagnostics And Maintenance (ADAMsm) feature includes a flight data recorder feature that lets you access multiple recorded parameters, such as: voltage, current, power, load impedance, faults and input voltage. This allows you to easily determine "why" you had an unexpected outcome.
The advanced digital monitoring and control features combined with industry leading power density and reliability makes the Sorensen ASD series the power supply of choice for stringent and high value processes and applications.
Advanced features include
- Precise programming of voltage and current slew rate for sensitive loads.
- Modules within one chassis can be connected to different loads and controlled independently.
- Industrial field bus interface (Modbus-TCP, Modbus-RTU, Ethernet/IP (Industrial Protocol)) enable real-time digital control.
- Built-in energy meter calculates the delivered energy throughout a process or period of time.
- Optional real time clock enables accurate timestamping of events.
- Built in power quality monitoring detects and saves input voltage anomalies which can be saved for later diagnostic analysis.
- Programmable analog interface scaling facilitates incorporating the ASD to existing systems with minimal effort.
- Load impedance measurement, including rate-of-change calculations, enable load "state of health" monitoring and implementation of system preventive maintenance algorithms
- Programmable filter bandwidth of the output voltage, current and power monitors let the user accommodate their response speed to particular needs.
- Full featured GUI (Graphical User Interface) helps to test and debug the system by communicating with the power supply in real time.